Thursday, July 12, 2012

Popping Candy and Sara Lee

I have been back at work for 4 days only this week, i am lucky enough to have Fridays off.  A long weekend every week.  Although it always feels really short so i dont know why it is called long.  By day 2 i was trying to figure out how i could go on paid stress leave for 20 years.  Apparently it is not possible, i did consider straight jacket type stuff, surely this would get me a few years.  Should this happen, it is all coincidence. 

Mr J has been cooking all week for us, he baked his very first cake and it was fab, i think he was pretty pleased with himself.  Pork Roast, i know the pork was pre roasted, but he did all the other stuff, it was good, followed by apple pie and custard.  We had a taco incident where he mixed in the salsa and not the taco seasoning.  I couldnt eat that one, not even to be nice. Funny today i can only remember 2 meals and i know we ate food every night. 

I have been waking up at 4am on the dot every morning, going back to sleep, then wake up at 5am to have coffee with Mstr J before he heads of to work.  I feel sad that he has just started his career and has so many years of hard work to go.  If only we could all not work.

This getting up in the dark has thrown me out of whack i think, that and the rain.  I have been saying it is like being up at night, and this morning The Project was on TV, confused or what ! I am thinking too that the out of whackness could be tissue memory.  Mstr E was born today, yes on Black Friday, i remember Mum even tried to talk me out of the caesar on this date 14 years ago. Not me, i live on the edge (mainly the edge of the lounge or the bed with the cats hogging the space).  So my baby is growing up, one is already grown, now this one almost there.

I went back to the gym today.  Wait.  I forced myself back to the gym today.  If they played Masterchef on the TV's i might have looked forward to it.  I hate it.  Not long ago i loved it.  I have about 9 months left on my membership. Whack.

My shower post gym, post groceries was busy.  Not the actual shower process but my head was like popping candy, it jumped from one thought to the next, really fast.  This is why i am writing this blog, i figured if i got it all out, my head would slow down or i might need to inject myself with the valium i keep in the fridge as an emergency should one of my cats or dogs need it. True. In brief this is what i thought about:

  • Why i didnt clean the shower first, i had told myself yesterday i was going to do that today, it is swap towel, clean shower day.
  • Lucious Mango Body Wash.  It really is.
  • Fennel and Figs, they cook with them all the time on Masterchef, i should have bought them when i saw them at Coles before.  Fennel was only $1.  I dont know if that is good, i have never bought it, or noticed it for that matter. 
  • The need for a new leather Pandora bracelet and why didnt i just get one when i was ordering my new wedding ring from the Pandora shop?
  • What i could do for my wedding, and was that completely crazy and can you have another fancy wedding to the same person.  There is a method to my madness, its all about starting fresh. 
  • Dinner parties and what kind of table i need to buy to put in manland.
  • Whether we put a table or a lounge in manland, i figure that i might go in there if it has one of the two, plus we cant have a dinner party in the house because we have a baby dining table.  Sorry 2 guests at a time (share your chair with a cat).
  • Leather or fabric (lounge).
  • Singapore trip, yes i almost bought tickets to Singapore last night, to fly in September, when i dont even have holidays.  Whack. We are meant to be going in April next year to take Dad over there, Mr J and I thought we could check it out first.  Dont rule out tickets to Singapore, i am kind of excited by the thought of it and sad that Mstr E doesnt want to come and Mstr J cant because he is all grown and has a real job.
  • How good i would be at basketball, seeing as the flannel i through over the top of the shower,  landed exactly where i wanted it to.
  • Mstr E wants to go to disco tonight, i got sad because he should sit home and be bored shitless with his mum on his birthday.  I need to get over it. 
  • Would have been cheaper to get eagle boys then the unneccesary grocery shop i had today to buy stuff just to make home made pizza for Mstr E.
  • Why didnt Mr J clean the shower, he has had 3 days off work?
Can you imagine how i felt when i go out of the shower. Out. Of. Whack.

For the first two or three  years of Mstr J life, i made fancy birthday cakes, for the remainder (15) and ALL of Mstr E life they have had Sara Lee Chocolate cakes for their birthday.  I just decorate the top with something different.  Today Ethan has White Chocolate and Rasberry Sara Lee Cake (you heard right). I got a chocolate one too, i thought it would be bad luck not to, being Friday the 13th and all.


1 comment: