Thursday, September 6, 2012

Photo a day

So today i decided i would get some photos edited.  I need to find one for a friend who ordered it like over a year ago.  James school formal, one of the mums had some pics done with her kids, in May and some horsey ones, just because i will be on a roll.  Heres a tip; dont hire me as your photographer.  I know thats bad for business but i really need to find my mojo, i have told you this before, my photo mojo has gone awol.  I have in fact knocked back jobs.

For a while there has been monthly photos a day (does that make sense?) you know it gives you a list of words and you take a pic to represent that word.  Was great to start with, but took up way too much of my head space, especially when i would miss a couple of days and also when people were using old photos.  Not fair, its about having to think of that work all day long and look at every single thing that is in front of you and then finding something that suits.  Cheats.

Now i am involved in Yellow September on Facebook.  The task is to take a pic of something yellow everyday.  Fun idea i hear you say.  No.  It is causing me so much grief, likened to that of the alphabet assignment at college when we had to take a picture of things that looked like letters of the alphabet.  It consumes your brain, i am looking at everything yellow, all day long.  Yet i still dont have a pic for today.  And the same cheats exist. I say that lightly because i am not the "photo a day police", you can do what you like, but surely you should all have the same distractions throughout the day looking for yellow and being in a position to take a pic, most of mine are done while i am driving.

My advice: Give it a go yourself, just for laughs and giggles, especially the alphabet one, it will make your head explode.

1 comment: