Monday, December 5, 2011

Beaten

My bits of paper include:
Cert III in Companion Animals
Cert IV in Veterinary Nursing
Diploma of Photoimaging
Cert IV in Training and Assessment

Partial bits of paper include:
Cert III in Equine Nursing (current)
Bachelor of Photography (current)
Graduate Certificate of Tertiary Teaching (current)
I did 2 years of human nursing when i left school, 6 months of a travel agent certificate and some other business related thing.

When i am not studying i am looking for something to study, when i am studying, my stress levels reach a point where i could stab the next person who speaks to me, especially while i am trying to study.  I am in my final semester of a post grad certificate, funny because i havent actually finished my degree yet.  I am in my third year of a Photography degree and have been there for approximately 3 years. My mid life master plan was to become a professional photographer, i dont do weekends so that cuts a lot of photographic opportunities out, so plan b was to finish a degree and wear a cap and gown, i got to the gown stage, but just cant get to the cap stage.  I dont have any more time spare since i work full time teaching Vet Nursing and Companion Animal studies at Tafe (i got this job while i was studying photography), then came plan b; finish degree, teach Photography.  Except now i have pretty much forgotten everything and was on a good GPA until i submitted a portrait of Barbie (which i happen to love) and my lecturer hated it.  Bummer.  I knew this before i submitted it, but did so anyway. Lesson learnt. So i have 2 first year theory units to finish and one year of my own work, and no time to do it, and no plan c.

Back to post grad certificate.  I am in my final semester and my god one of the units has me rattled (i even cried tonight).  My text book has not arrived, so i am behind on my readings (tears), and the readings i do have bore/confuse the shit out of me (more tears).  I am more pissed off that i managed to end first semester on HIGH DISTINCTION and now i cant even decipher the assignment. Who writes this stuff, i wouldnt want them at a party.

I sat down tonight to get stuck into it, it is due Friday and my lecturer is on a conference all week, so she cant answer questions as she has no internet access, what is she doing? Survivor? Fuck knows but i need her help.  It is then i decide i need to defer this unit (census date is tomorrow).  I am a pro at deferring, i have deferred for the last three years my first year art theory subjects i think i have 10 years to get them finished, and i decided last night i would be on long service leave then and i could go back and get it done.  Just for the cap. I have also lost my photo mo jo.  It has been gone a while, pretty soon after a bought a $3500 camera. Bummer. No mo jo would probably just produce more barbie pics.

So i need to make an executive decision: 
Dont finish my degree - no cap.
Defer this fucking stupid unit on action research (yawn) do it later when my head is not about to explode from my current life, i do have to finish it eventually, work is paying for it.
Concentrate on the other unit, which i have in the bag (too easy).
NEVER enrol into any more courses, which would result in not having to be always paying HECS (Elvis thinks it is free).
STOP looking at University courses that i think i might like to do in the future.
Do i buy tall boy an Iphone for xmas?  I think maybe i would if he didnt lose his phone every 6 months combined with the fact that they cost $800 (off topic, but really this is an insane request).
Use my spare time to grow veges in my purpose built vege patch and not weeds.

1 comment:

  1. Oh love, I kind of hear your pain.
    Apart from the fact that I just did one degree.
    And then started my post-grad.
    Then maybe going onto PhD, which is then just another farking four years of hell, but you know - I'll get to wear that super weird hat thing - looks like a cow took a dump and someone used that as a prototype. (Probs as a joke. But the intellectuals didn't realise, and here we are... )
    So yeah.
    Study is a royal mental harness orright.
    BUT - you'll get there.
    Despite the stress.
    BTW - your teacher is a horse's arse for not replying to emails. What a c***.
    Anyway.
    I'm meant to be working on my Honours project right now. Maybe I'll just email my supervisor this and say See? I did SO do some writing.
    Whatever.
    Hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete