Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Three more sleeps ...

The big man  will be here in 3 more sleeps, i know this because i have watched Polar Express.  If you have kids who are starting to wonder about Santa, or if you need a little christmas pick me up, watch this movie.  I took my boys to see it when it was on at the movies, i laughed and cried and left the cinema thinking that Santa might just be out there.  Really? 

Elvis and I dont buy each other anything amazing for xmas anymore, just small things to put in a stocking. I have however bought him a sign for manland, i can write this because he will not be reading my blog anytime in the near future, or perhaps ever, and it does not fit in his stocking, also got a mini size bar top fuzball table (how do you spell this), this does not fit either so his stocking will be empty (note to self, get to the dollar shop and buy crap today).

What i look forward to is secret santa, crappy presents under $5, it is a laugh.  I miss the homemade gifts from my kids when they were little, Cookie did go shopping for us all, i did have to give him money to do so, i am busting to know what he got, apparently it is the same as my kiwi friend aka Pretty Painter Girl.

Lunch with my school pals the other day, it was lovely.  Hostess with the mostess aka Miffy put on a beautiful lunch, complete with homemade relish/chutney/jam. 

Relish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A relish is a cooked, pickled, or chopped vegetable or fruit food item which is
typically used as a condiment.
Chutney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chutney is a condiment used in South Asian cuisine that usually contains a spice
and vegetable mix.
Can anyone clarify the difference between the two? 
It is these kinds of things which make the lunch special, homemade.  Miffy also had a free for all, kind of like a garage sale  but pile of stuff she had no space for, give away, even a shopping trolley and paper bags to fill,  this made me laugh.  Gifts were flowing and all hand made.  Inga, your treats have gone, i didnt even get to taste one, apparently they got the thumbs up, i am going to reuse the jar for my chutney/relish i am making today.   Miffy the soaps like you said have made my house smell like a nightclub (aniseed) mixed with a dentist (peppermint).  Tall boy said that the peppermint cleared his nose in the shower, i can say that you should not use this on your bits.  I am not sure if you have used essential oils, but i have wanted to sleep since i got them home lol.  So gifts from the heart, laughs, champagne and the greatest quiche ever, thankyou girls.
As you might be following Piper and his attempt to kill himself or at least get high on mushrooms, i believe he might be coming home for christmas.  If he isnt home soon i will have to sell the house or one of my children to pay to get him out. 
Mould carry mycotoxins, this can also be found in blue cheese.  Please do not stop eating blue cheese after you read this and Miffy if you need to read more google mycotoxicosis in dogs.

Piper had a fine old time rolling in the manure pile, this is kind of like rubbing that perfume sample off the magazine page to him.  This pile has been in my back yard for 2 years.  I visited him last night and he was sleeping, when he heard my voice he got so excited i had to leave, they may have had to sedate him again, i am not sure.  On Tuesday i was going to put him to sleep, the vet encouraged me to give it some time first.  You cannot put a monetary value on your animals, but i have always maintained that if a human had to miss out because one of my animals  needed veterinary care, then it would be time to let them go.  I kind of havent stuck to this after Felicity and her leg and now Piper and his mushrooms.  Inbetween i have had Stuart (white cat who has had sex change) with issues and Jim who cannot keep his own penis clean (yes this can be common for those of you who are not horsey people).  I am a vet nurse, i teach vet nursing, i preach pet insurance, i dont have it.  Even after Flicks injury i looked into it again, and didnt get it.  Lesson learnt.  I am down a family trip to Thailand for the money i have spent.  Onwards and upwards.  Fence off the manure, get Piper home, get pet insurance, start saving again. At least he is still with us.  Thankyou especially to all my friends for your kind words and well wishes, Piper is one in a million, for those of you who know him (and ignore the idiot side of him) you know what i mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment